The Journey Began

The year was 2008 and I was deep into a meditation. About 2 hours deep. Floating along hanging out chillin...in my blissful space...when along comes a letter...messing up my view. T.....A.....O.....S. That was it. What did it mean? 
Let it go, I told myself.
But silly brain held on. Filled it for safe keeping.
Back to bliss.
T.....A.....O....S.  Now I was getting pissed. Then I laughed.
and giggled...and belly laughed. Spent. I awakened smiling to myself.

I went over to my computer, fired it up and googled that shit.
TAOS...WTH is that?
Not what, but WHERE.
TAOS is a town in the state of New Mexico near the Sangre De Christos mountain range. It looked like another world to this girl who had never been west of Indiana.
But what did this mean to me?
I stayed open and prayed about it.
More things came ...down the rabbit hole I went.
Mountain Light - a B&B in the outskirts of Taos owned by artist Gail Russell. Hmmm
Taos Indian Pueblos. hmmm
I checked into flights. Found one.
Mind you, I have never had the opportunity to fly anywhere. I always drove.
Put in for vacation at work, got it bought my ticket. And off I flew.
The flights were awesome, I likened it to riding the Magnum at Cedar Point. I met fabulous people on planes, and in the airport. Everyone was so friendly and helpful.
I landed in the ABQ and cried. It was so lovely. The air was so clean and it was windy and warm and the sun, the sun was just lovely. 
I drove 3 hrs north to get to Taos, and another 30 odd minutes to find the B& B dirt mountain roads, people. Not fun for this rust belt girl.
Met Gail...found a rainbow. Found a bed. nice.
Spent 5 days traveling about Taos. Great food, awesome heart-wrenching views and friendliest people on earth.
Cried the day I left. Vowed to return to retrieve the piece of my heart I buried.

Comments